All-Allam Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
All-Allam Forum

A forum for the website all-allam.com - this is your place to discuss all things relating to the great British actor Roger Allam

3 posters

Maybe we should start a petition

Andreawashere
    Andreawashere

Maybe we should start a petition Empty Maybe we should start a petition

Post by Andreawashere Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:36 am

... to stop Fred Thursday in Endeavour being killed in Endeavour.

It's really frightening how many of Allam's characters have died. If you look at the statistics, the risk of another character dying is seriously big.

Shall we make a list? Or would you guys consider it spoilers? (I can imagine not everybody having watched / listened to all things Allam, hell, I still have a yet-to-watch/to-listen-to-list.)

But his characters really do die too often. A few days ago, I watched/rewatched four Allam things, and he died four times! He's no Sean Bean yet, but it really worries me. Crying or Very sad

rhinelander
    rhinelander

Maybe we should start a petition Empty Re: Maybe we should start a petition

Post by rhinelander Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:51 am

Very unsure about this. Here's a confession: My favorite scenes are always PDT-scenes (prison, death and torture)!!!

I realize that this makes me sound a bit sick, but I always try to defend myself with the argument that PDT-scenes are usually very intense scenes which show the true class of an actor. Therefore, I am always hoping that my fave actors will be in PDT-scenes. Sometimes, I fast-forward to the end of movies to see whether my favorite dies ....

Accordingly, I am rather pleased about the fact that Roger dies often in his films. I just wish that his deaths were not as "lame" as they often are. I definitely vote in favour of a "death list". We can add a big spoiler warning. Would not want to miss one of his deaths!

As to Mr Thursday: I LOVE this character (so film noirish) and hope that Roger will do at least 5 more series. But at the end of the last series, I want to have a spectacular death scene which I can watch again and again and again crying my eyes out ...

Pudupudu
    Pudupudu

Post by Pudupudu Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:18 am

I too do like the 'dramatic scenes.' I'm very fond of the moments when characters are in genuine peril if that character is my preferred figure in the series because that means they're very much the focus of the scene. I think it's rather inevitable that they will kill Thursday off eventually, because he isn't mentioned at all in the original Morse series (I'm glad he's not McNutt, though, because we already know what happens to him). Hopefully it won't be for several years, though, and when it happens it'll be with a bang, and then we'll get a prequel series called 'Thursday' ;-)
    Andreawashere
    Andreawashere

Post by Andreawashere Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:10 am

I wasn't serious about the petition. Wink

And yes, I do like a good screen death, but I also wants lots more seasons of Endeavour, with Fred Thursday.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content