All-Allam Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
All-Allam Forum

A forum for the website all-allam.com - this is your place to discuss all things relating to the great British actor Roger Allam

3 posters

The Angels' Share

Pudupudu
    Pudupudu

The Angels' Share Empty The Angels' Share

Post by Pudupudu Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:29 am

This film really needs more love. It's wonderful and heart warming. How many of you have seen it? I think we should certainly group watch this one.
    rhinelander
    rhinelander

The Angels' Share Empty Re: The Angels' Share

Post by rhinelander Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:38 am

Most definitely a heart warming film. The guy who is playing the lead character has a wonderful natural acting talent.

Pity there were only so few scenes with Roger, but it was a lovely role. The scene at the bar was a delight.

I was very grateful that the Bluray has subtitles. Some words I still don't understand. LOL
    Pudupudu
    Pudupudu

Post by Pudupudu Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:50 pm

I love one of the reviews that said something to the effect of 'though Ken Loach is not generally known for his feel-good films' which is rather like saying 'though the Arctic is not generally known for its tropical climate.' His films, in general, are some of the most depressing things I've ever watched, so this was quite a nice surprise!
    Andreawashere
    Andreawashere

Post by Andreawashere Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:31 am

It's a nice feel-good (well, eventually) film, but Allam's role is far too small for my taste. I have nothing against Mr. Loach, but I hope he realises that by now, Roger Allam deserves a bit more than tiny supporting roles.
    Pudupudu
    Pudupudu

Post by Pudupudu Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:59 am

Ken Loach takes people off the street and makes them actors and nice actors with profile- like Allam- play smaller parts which will give the film some 'gravitas' as far as the public is concerned. It's nothing to do with him not liking him or thinking he deserves a small part.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 9:31 am