All-Allam Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
All-Allam Forum

A forum for the website all-allam.com - this is your place to discuss all things relating to the great British actor Roger Allam

3 posters

Gif request

rhinelander
    rhinelander

Gif request Empty Gif request

Post by rhinelander Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:43 am

There is that scene in "The Roman Spring of Mrs. Stone" in which Roger asks Helen what she plans to do next. She says "I do not know" and Roger "says" the same with his eyes only. Know what I am talking about??? Well, if anyone has a gif of that moment, I would very much like to have it, please.

P.S. Could one of our native speakers please comment on Roger's accent in this film? For some reason it makes me cringe, but maybe I am just not able to properly place it as a non-native speaker.
    Pudupudu
    Pudupudu

Gif request Empty Re: Gif request

Post by Pudupudu Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:41 am

'Camp American'- I don't know where it's supposed to be from, really. Someone American I know thought he was American on the basis of this, so who knows?
    rhinelander
    rhinelander

Post by rhinelander Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:05 am

Pudupudu wrote:Someone American I know thought he was American on the basis of this, so who knows?

Wow, that is interesting. How wrong you can be. I honestly had the suspicion that one of the few things he cannot do are American accents. Hope my sacrilegious thoughts will be pardoned.
    Pudupudu
    Pudupudu

Post by Pudupudu Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:22 am

He's so, so much better at them than I am that I'm not really in a position to comment ;-) He's rather brilliant at accents in general, though
    Loves paris

Post by Loves paris Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:55 pm

I am from Chicago so, I can tell you his accent is from the south. I think specifically South Carolina or Georgia. I thought he did a great job with the accent but much rather hear his beautiful British accent.
    rhinelander
    rhinelander

Post by rhinelander Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:04 am

Loves paris wrote:I am from Chicago so, I can tell you his accent is from the south. I think specifically South Carolina or Georgia. I thought he did a great job with the accent but much rather hear his beautiful British accent.

Many thanks for the clarification. But I agree with you. It is always best to get his original accent.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 9:15 pm