All-Allam Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
All-Allam Forum

A forum for the website all-allam.com - this is your place to discuss all things relating to the great British actor Roger Allam

3 posters

Game of Thrones (with not-really-a-spoiler)

Andreawashere
    Andreawashere

Game of Thrones (with not-really-a-spoiler) Empty Game of Thrones (with not-really-a-spoiler)

Post by Andreawashere Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:38 am

I've read the books, and am watching the series and loving it. The only thing I don't like is that George RR Martin is about the slowest writer ever, and that the series may need to go on hold after, well, S5 or so, to wait for Martin to write new books.

And since Illyrio Mopatis is alive in the TV universe, I don't think it's a spoiler saying he will be back, eventually. (Doing stuff I won't tell, because spoilers.)

I do hope that'll mean that in a couple of years' time, we once more get to see Roger Allam in that role. I know Allam himself isn't a fan of the series, but if anything, Martin uses his characters to their full potential and he could really have some interesting scenes.

(And let's never forget who gave the dragon eggs to Daenerys!)
    Pudupudu
    Pudupudu

Game of Thrones (with not-really-a-spoiler) Empty Re: Game of Thrones (with not-really-a-spoiler)

Post by Pudupudu Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:47 pm

Is this in the wrong place? Not entirely off topic, at least.

I haven't seen Game of Thrones. I rather imagine I'll be in the Allam camp of not understanding what the hell is going on ;-)
    Aoife
    Aoife

Game of Thrones (with not-really-a-spoiler) Empty Re: Game of Thrones (with not-really-a-spoiler)

Post by Aoife Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:52 pm

I love the books and the series Very Happy (well I did have some issues with Dance but I'm still somewhat impatently waiting for the next book ^^).

Of course it would be awesome if Allam came back but I'd fully understand if they can't keep all the actors in the smaller roles that only appear once every million years...I mean they're already breaking up Storm of Swords in two seasons and Mopatis isn't in that book at all. Or in Feast For Crows (it will be interesting how they're adapting that, they could either adapt first Feast and then Dance or mix it up and tell all the stories parallel and not one after the other).

(Hello, I am Aoife and once I have started talking about Martin & Co I cannot shut up until I produced a wall of text)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 4:32 pm