All-Allam Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
All-Allam Forum

A forum for the website all-allam.com - this is your place to discuss all things relating to the great British actor Roger Allam

4 posters

How Does That Make You Feel returns next Monday

Andreawashere
    Andreawashere

How Does That Make You Feel returns next Monday Empty How Does That Make You Feel returns next Monday

Post by Andreawashere Wed May 08, 2013 10:05 am

BBC Radio 4, available world-wide, and a listen-again option. Don't miss it. Allam plays Richard Fallon MP, and Peter Mannion fans will love this slightly, um, less succesful character. HDTMYF is both hilarious and poignant. A must-hear. Very Happy

Here's the BBC website: http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01sd3jx

and here are Allam's eps from the first two seasons: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hn2ktqqPxWM
    space_oddity_75
    space_oddity_75

How Does That Make You Feel returns next Monday Empty Re: How Does That Make You Feel returns next Monday

Post by space_oddity_75 Wed May 08, 2013 6:57 pm

Oh, I loved this! Poor Roger, though. His character was not very nice, and even more of a loser than Peter Mannion. Kudos to Roger for portraying him in such a believable way. When I listened to his episodes, I wanted both to hug and punch Richard Fallon in the face at the same time, LOL!

Bonus: one episode features Rebecca Saire (Roger's wife) as another well-meaning, but not so nice character.

Definitely a must-hear.
    Andreawashere
    Andreawashere

How Does That Make You Feel returns next Monday Empty Re: How Does That Make You Feel returns next Monday

Post by Andreawashere Fri May 10, 2013 9:21 am

There are more episode summaries and air dates: http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01sk4fn/broadcasts/upcoming

I would be very, very disappointed if ep5 isn't a Richard Fallon ep.

And slightly off-topic: I don't realy get this last-minute programming. The BBC has a bad reputation in that area, even over here in the Netherlands. My paper TV guide often says 'unknown' when it comes to the BBC programming, while all other stations, including Belgian and German, know what they will be broadcasting weeks ahead.

And totally off-topic, but also very BBC or maybe British: the weather doesn't just stop at the borders. All European news channels have weather reports on yes, Europe! But the BBC refuses to tell if it'll rain over here, or snow in France or whatever. And vice versa, British weather seems to come from nowhere, while we know in advance that a depression coming from Scandinavia or warm winds from the south are heading our way.

Sorry, had to get that off my chest. tongue
    LoobyLoo66
    LoobyLoo66

Post by LoobyLoo66 Sat May 11, 2013 3:27 am

Just checked the episode summaries and episode 5 is Richard Fallon - "a fly-on-the-wall documentary". I can't wait for Monday cheers
    Aoife
    Aoife

Post by Aoife Sun May 12, 2013 12:54 am

Andreawashere wrote:

And totally off-topic, but also very BBC or maybe British: the weather doesn't just stop at the borders. All European news channels have weather reports on yes, Europe! But the BBC refuses to tell if it'll rain over here, or snow in France or whatever. And vice versa, British weather seems to come from nowhere, while we know in advance that a depression coming from Scandinavia or warm winds from the south are heading our way.

To continue with the off-topic: I noticed that, too XD. I lived in Belfast for a year and RTE and other Irish TV-Stations always had weather-maps of the whole Island while the BBC was like 'whut? you're saying that place is bigger than Northern Ireland? Sorry can't hear you' Laughing

Back to topic...not that I can say that much as I haven't listened to it, yet but I've subscribed to it via Radio Downloader, so I'll chekc it out, soon.
    Andreawashere
    Andreawashere

Post by Andreawashere Mon May 13, 2013 8:21 am

Aoife wrote:
    Andreawashere wrote:

To continue with the off-topic: I noticed that, too XD. I lived in Belfast for a year and RTE and other Irish TV-Stations always had weather-maps of the whole Island while the BBC was like 'whut? you're saying that place is bigger than Northern Ireland? Sorry can't hear you' Laughing

Back to topic...not that I can say that much as I haven't listened to it, yet but I've subscribed to it via Radio Downloader, so I'll chekc it out, soon.

Lol, glad I'm not the only one noticing the weird weather borders. Very Happy

And you have to start listening to HDTMYF. It's brilliant.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 12:17 am