All-Allam Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
All-Allam Forum

A forum for the website all-allam.com - this is your place to discuss all things relating to the great British actor Roger Allam

4 posters

The Tempest

Admin
    Admin
    Admin

The Tempest Empty The Tempest

Post by Admin Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:26 am

Roger Allam playing a grumpy Duke with control of a magical island and Colin Morgan flitting about with flouncy pouncy clothes playing a flute? Oh yes. This is a thing that is happening.

He's playing Prospero in the Globe production of Shakespeare's Tempest from April 23rd until August 18th. You can book tickets through the Globe website here.
    space_oddity_75
    space_oddity_75

The Tempest Empty Re: The Tempest

Post by space_oddity_75 Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:26 am

I've got tickets for 2 performances in mid-June and I'm really excited about finally being able to see him onstage.

Who else is going?
    rhinelander
    rhinelander

Post by rhinelander Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:54 am

Will one of us watch tonight's first performance?

Come on, Shaun Evans. Admit it. Don't be shy!
    Andreawashere
    Andreawashere

Post by Andreawashere Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:27 am

space_oddity_75
    space_oddity_75

Post by space_oddity_75 Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:18 am

Wow, amazing pics. I'm so excited I don't know how I will cope until June.
    I like the costumes (and Roger's hair) a lot, too.
    rhinelander
    rhinelander

Post by rhinelander Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:21 am

Andreawashere wrote:Photos!

Hmmm, naked calves. I am getting Bavarian feelings. Must get a yard ticket after all to get a closer look ....

Not so sure about that drape garment. And could somebody please explain the shoes?

But all in all: VERY HAPPY. Cannot wait.

Andreawashere
    Andreawashere

Post by Andreawashere Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:04 am

rhinelander wrote:
    Andreawashere wrote:Photos!

Hmmm, naked calves. I am getting Bavarian feelings. Must get a yard ticket after all to get a closer look ....

Not so sure about that drape garment. And could somebody please explain the shoes?

But all in all: VERY HAPPY. Cannot wait.

The shoes are a bit confusing, aren't they? Love the naked calves and the open shirt. Feeling a bit sorry for Colin Morgan in that feathery... thing.

Cannot wait for the DVD!
    Andreawashere
    Andreawashere

Post by Andreawashere Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:15 am

rhinelander
    rhinelander

Post by rhinelander Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:33 am

We would almost have gotten a Prospero without helicopters ...

Dominic Dromgoole in the spring edition of the Globe's "Cuesheet":

"Roger Allam is coming back to play Prospero, something that he has wanted to do for a hugely long time. I was actually thinking of saving his Prospero up for the indoor theatre but then there are quite a few actors who would give a wonderful Prospero in the indoor theatre, but to play that big room, there aren't that many and Roger is definitely one of them."
    rhinelander
    rhinelander

Post by rhinelander Thu May 02, 2013 10:58 pm

Cool new picture: http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/multimedia/archive/00409/127118956_Tempest_409668c.jpg

Has a sort of Old Testament feel to it ....
    rhinelander
    rhinelander

Post by rhinelander Sat May 04, 2013 12:00 am

Lonely hearts ad: Is anybody going to see the play on 8 June and/or 9 June?

space_oddity_75
    space_oddity_75

Post by space_oddity_75 Mon May 06, 2013 7:28 pm

I'm going on the 15th (evening play) and 16th June (matinee).

Last edited by space_oddity_75 on Mon May 06, 2013 7:29 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : wrong dates (I'm a clot))
    rhinelander
    rhinelander

Post by rhinelander Tue May 07, 2013 6:44 am

space_oddity_75 wrote:I'm going on the 15th (evening play) and 16th June (matinee).

Damn, that was close. It could have been such a nice Italo-German fan meeting.

Now I will probably feel a bit lonely in the queue between all the Colin Morgan fans. They will definitely beat me when it comes to the fight for row one. I consider my bones too old to stand two hours in the queue and then three hours in the yard.
    space_oddity_75
    space_oddity_75

Post by space_oddity_75 Tue May 07, 2013 7:40 am

My friend and I decided to book seats in the gallery this time: we're too old and tired for the yard, I'm afraid. Sadly, there will be no fighting for the front row for us, but we'll make sure to cheer for Roger Allam at curtain call!

(P.S. - where in Germany are you from? I come to your country for business reasons 2-3 times a year. Maybe we'll meet someday, who knows? BTW, I'm from Varese - northern Italy, close to the Swiss border.)
    rhinelander
    rhinelander

Post by rhinelander Tue May 07, 2013 9:05 pm

space_oddity_75 wrote:My friend and I decided to book seats in the gallery this time: we're too old and tired for the yard, I'm afraid.

If your nickname gives away your year of birth, we are in the same age group. For August, I also booked some lazy gallery tickets. But then I felt I could not bear the wait any longer and extended a June business trip. Since nearly all seats were booked, I decided to go for the complete Globe experience. Let's see whether I am going to regret it. I just hope that Roger will do his next play indoors. I base some hope on Judi Dench - don't really think that she will play the Globe.

space_oddity_75 wrote:(P.S. - where in Germany are you from? I come to your country for business reasons 2-3 times a year. Maybe we'll meet someday, who knows? BTW, I'm from Varese - northern Italy, close to the Swiss border.)

Varese - your city names always sound so melodious. I am in Dusseldorf, next to Cologne and within easy reach of Frankfurt.
    space_oddity_75
    space_oddity_75

Post by space_oddity_75 Tue May 07, 2013 9:18 pm

rhinelander wrote: If your nickname gives away your year of birth, we are in the same age group.

Hee, it does. I was born in 1975.

space_oddity_75 wrote:I am in Dusseldorf, next to Cologne and within easy reach of Frankfurt.

Great! I'm going to Koeln for a trade fair at the beginning of June (4-6 June, to be exact), and sometimes I also visit a supplier in Langen, near Frankfurt. Can I send you a private message, so that maybe we can organise a few drinks together when I'm coming over? Just let me know if you'd like that.

When exactly will you be seeing The Tempest again in August? I've been toying with the option of booking another weekend in London in the summer, so maybe I could match your dates. Smile
    rhinelander
    rhinelander

Post by rhinelander Tue May 07, 2013 9:35 pm

space_oddity_75 wrote:Great! I'm going to Koeln for a trade fair at the beginning of June (4-6 June, to be exact), and sometimes I also visit a supplier in Langen, near Frankfurt. Can I send you a private message, so that maybe we can organise a few drinks together when I'm coming over? Just let me know if you'd like that.

When exactly will you be seeing The Tempest again in August? I've been toying with the option of booking another weekend in London in the summer, so maybe I could match your dates. Smile

You are most welcome to send me a private message. That way we will stop bothering the other forum members.

I usually work long hours, but do hope that we can work something out during 4-6 June.

In August, I am booked for the evening performance and the midnight matinee on the 9th (I am sometimes a bit overzealous) and the early Sunday matinee on the 11th. Two Alex Jennings fans will join me cheering for Roger, but the more the merrier. If we met on the Sunday, we would have four nationalities assembled (English, Dutch, Italian and German).

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 12:10 pm