All-Allam Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
All-Allam Forum

A forum for the website all-allam.com - this is your place to discuss all things relating to the great British actor Roger Allam

4 posters

(Surprisingly Sane) Article in the Daily Mail

Admin
    Admin
    Admin

(Surprisingly Sane) Article in the Daily Mail Empty (Surprisingly Sane) Article in the Daily Mail

Post by Admin Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:51 pm

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2307527/Endeavour-Roger-Allam-seasoned-old-copper-takes-Morse-wing.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

“So life couldn’t be better, it seems, for Roger Allam – even with dodgy knees and fallen arches.”

I’m sorry for linking to the Daily Mail, but there was Thursday stuff and it was shiny and I couldn’t resist…

I think they might even have refrained from mentioning the fact that he ‘looks a bit like Christopher Hitchens (and therefore must be loathed)’ which is a first for them.
    deerstalker
    deerstalker
    Admin

(Surprisingly Sane) Article in the Daily Mail Empty Re: (Surprisingly Sane) Article in the Daily Mail

Post by deerstalker Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:13 pm

"Roger wears his Thursday trilby tilted at a jaunty, Bogart-style angle as one of several touches that provide light relief amid the murder mayhem."

There's blood, death and betrayal, but that's okay, Thursday has a wacky hat! Brilliant.
    Pudupudu
    Pudupudu

(Surprisingly Sane) Article in the Daily Mail Empty Re: (Surprisingly Sane) Article in the Daily Mail

Post by Pudupudu Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:20 pm

The hat is paramount ;-)
    rhinelander
    rhinelander

Post by rhinelander Sun Apr 14, 2013 12:25 am

Admin wrote:
    “So life couldn’t be better, it seems, for Roger Allam – even with dodgy knees and fallen arches.”

How utterly bizarre. Only a couple of days ago I thought: "His knees still seem to be in good working order" when I saw the "Tempest" rehearsal picture with him in a quite low squatting position ...

Well, now it appears that I share two health problems with Roger. Not sure how much I like that.
    Pudupudu
    Pudupudu

Post by Pudupudu Sun Apr 14, 2013 12:46 am

He still has amazingly strong legs, though, it would appear.

Though it was a few years ago now, I saw him in Democracy and there's a bit where he's kneeling in front of a memorial, and he gets down onto his knees and up again without rocking back for support or using his hands. I got rather distracted from what was going on because I was somewhat transfixed by the 'man with the magical thighs'
    rhinelander
    rhinelander

Post by rhinelander Sun Apr 14, 2013 1:00 am

Pudupudu wrote:the 'man with the magical thighs'

Talking testicles and magical thighs.

Maybe we should open a thread about his various body parts .... LOL

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 3:27 am